RMYC strives to represent the demographics of the communities where we work. We recruit as much as we can from the local community so each Corpsmember has the opportunity to work near home and to experience the pride of community service.
We measure our outcomes by the intangible impacts we have on communities and the personal skills we teach Corpsmembers. We also measure our success by the wages and benefits we offer, the number of trainings, workshops, and certifications Corpsmembers complete, and the project deliverables we provide our partners.
Average Age 20
90 Corpsmembers earned AmeriCorps educational awards valued at $246,061
106 Corpsmembers completed 82,517 hours of service to New Mexico communities
- 138 corpsmembers certified in First Aid/CPR
- 102 trained in Mental Health First Aid
- 129 earned workforce credentials
- 60% returned to high school or post-secondary options after service term
- 31% found employment post service term
- 6% returned for another community service opportunity
- 88 acres of forest restored
- 83 miles of Trail built or restored
- 20 acres of non-native/noxious weeds removed